EFFECTIVE DATE: June 1, 2018
By visiting the Sites, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Sites or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy.
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Sites or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. We collect personal information directly from you in various different ways:
Certain areas and features of our Sites and Services may require registration. For example, when you contact us for information on Apple Seeds, you must provide your email address. To register to use Apple Seeds playgrounds, we collect your first and last name, email address, home phone, street address, city, state, and zip code as well as your child’s first and last name, gender, and date of birth, certain medical and emergency information, and other information you provide when submitting your request.
We may also collect personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address, from you in connection with birthday celebrations, corporate events, or other events or promotions that we may conduct or offer through our Sites.
When you purchase Services from Apple Seeds, we also request that you provide your billing information and credit card number and expiration date, which is provided to our payment processor only. You can also create a “Profile” with that same information linked to your email and password so that you can make subsequent orders without having to re-enter your information.
We also host blogs and online communities, such as A Note From Apple Seeds, which allow you to post text, photos, videos and other information online. Please note that all of this information will be available for public viewing and so you should not post any information that is considered confidential.
We also use personal data in combination with Facebook’s custom audience feature to create an audience using users’ data such as email addresses and phone numbers. When using Facebook’s custom audience feature, personal data is locally hashed on our system before we upload and pass such data to Facebook to be used to create a custom audience (the “Hashed Data”). For more information on this feature, go to www.facebook.com.
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further email communications from Apple Seeds (except in connection with information, products, or Services that you specifically request), you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link provided in every broadcast email that is sent to you by Apple Seeds. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive any other form of communication from Apple Seeds, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by contacting us at email@example.com.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
• To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
• To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Sites or our Services.
• To administer events and promotions we may conduct from time to time through the Sites.
• For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about Services or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third-party websites.
• To better understand how users access and use our Sites and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Sites and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
• Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our franchisees, affiliates, or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
• Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
• Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
• In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
• To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which Apple Seeds is involved.
• Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
• Third Parties. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless we have obtained your consent to do so in advance.
• Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Sites. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and to verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Sites.
• Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third-Party Ad Network section, below.
Third-Party Ad Networks
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you visit the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Tool page, www.optout.aboutads.info, and the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out page, optout.networkadvertising.org, for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and available choices regarding use of information by DAA companies and NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but this does not mean that you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective.
Our Sites and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to or use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your accounts and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that no one else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Security of Your Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, SSL, firewalls, and internal restrictions on who may access data to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your accounts and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding Use of Your Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to ten business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Location and Storage of Information
Apple Seeds controls and operates the Sites from locations in the United States. If you are located outside United States and you choose to provide information to us, then by using the Sites and Services, and by consenting to the terms of this Policy and submitting your personal information to us, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States.
Children Under 18
Our Sites are not designed or intended for use by children under 18 and we do not collect personal information from children under 18. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems. Please note that certain features of our Sites allow for the posting of testimonials, photos and videos. If you are posting any materials to our Site, you may not post any materials showing or depicting a child unless (i) you are either the parent and/or legal guardian of that child, and (ii) you are authorized to post such material.
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at
Apple Seeds, LLC
10 West 25th Street
New York, New York 10010
or call us at 212.792.7590.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Sites, at https://www.appleseedsplay.com/privacy/ If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Sites.
Your California Privacy Rights
A business subject to California Civil Code section 1798.83 is required to disclose to its California customers, upon request, the identity of any third parties to whom the business has disclosed personal information for the third parties' direct marketing purposes within the previous calendar year, along with the type of personal information disclosed.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
Apple Seeds, LLC
Attention: California Privacy Request
10 West 25th Street
New York, New York 10010
Please note that under California law, businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year.